Your input invited
to the initial design of a one-day performance festival
[av_hr class=’invisible’ height=’10’ shadow=’no-shadow’ position=’center’ custom_border=’av-border-thin’ custom_width=’50px’ custom_border_color=” custom_margin_top=’30px’ custom_margin_bottom=’30px’ icon_select=’yes’ custom_icon_color=” icon=’ue808′ font=’entypo-fontello’ av_uid=’av-30n7gd’]
Invitation to give input
PNA is seriously exploring hosting a day-long public Performance Festival. Please read the following design ideas and then fill out the form. Once the event is a go you’ll certainly be invited to come! Thanks so much!
The ideas below were recently revised based on several conversations and planning sessions –so don’t be confused if you saw an earlier version. After much honest reflection about how much organizing we in PNA realistically could manage, we scaled down the vision of next PNA Festival program to these (hopefully) modest goals:
- To limit the event to one day. (We’re aware this means practitioners not in driving distance are less to come unless they can create other reasons to be in the area.)
- To feature three performances of Playback companies from different geographic regions in North America that have distinctly different approaches to Playback. We will prioritize companies that have not performed at recent Playback conferences (e.g., in Montreal and Washington DC). These slots will be by invitation to current PNA company members.
- To feature brief presentations from five practitioners of different applications of Playback Theatre (up to 10 minutes each). These slots will be by invitation to current PNA company members.
- To foster creative exchange and connection among the performers and presenters before and after the Festival day.
Who is invited to the Festival
The Festival on Saturday will be open to all Playback practitioners, local Playback students, expressive therapy students and faculty, and a few other key potential stakeholders. Limited to 180 participants.
Initial program and schedule ideas:
Friday morning and afternoon
Presenters and performers connect and prepare.
Mutual support and strategy sessions.
Saturday all day
* 5 up-to-10 minute TedX-style talks about applications of Playback (including slides or video)
* 3 companies performing, featuring different applications and approaches to Playback Theatre
* 30-min facilitated discussions after each performance
Presenters and performers connect for next steps, including offers for mutual support and collaboration. Farewells.
- Filming: If we raise enough funds PNA would love to film the Performance Festival and make it available to all (not just people at the event).
- Relationship-building: Practitioners would be encouraged to connect to some peers ahead of time and make a date to connect after the weekend is over.