A free textbook and performance recordings
Storytelling on Screen: An Online Playback Theatre Archive and Guidebook, a free “open education” resource consisting of a collection of full-length recordings of online Playback Theatre performances, and a 55-page explanatory guidebook.
In her book “A Stage for Everyone” Einat Mashaal Nitzan shares themes and exercises from the fields of improvisation, acting, and playback theater, together with details of how to teach key content for leaders of creative groups.
In this book readers will find:
● 250 warm-up, listening, improvisation and acting exercises
● 30 study topics
● 25 classic and new playback forms
● Playback Theater skills questionnaire
● A glossary of terms from the worlds of acting, improvisation and playback theater
● Tips, tools, examples, and stories from the field
PNA members receive a 10% discount on Playback books from Tusitala, a publisher of Playback Theatre books since 1994. Books include Improvising Real Life by Jo Salas, Jonathan Fox’s memoir Beyond Theatre, and Zoomy Zoomy, a collection of interactive games by Hannah Fox.
To receive your 10% discount, email firstname.lastname@example.org to say you are a PNA member. Need assistance? Call 845-255-7716. Most books are also available on Amazon as e-books.