Programs and Resources
PNA Programs and Resources (2023-2024)
PNA offers a strong lineup of programs and resources, both for Playback Theatre practitioners and for people newly exploring what Playback methods can offer their lives and work. Join the mailing list to receive PNA’s email newsletter announcing upcoming events. Signing up for PNA is completely free for anyone, anywhere.
Look on the website’s top menu bar under “Programs” and “Resources” for details and registrations.
- Skills series
- Conducting deeper stories
- Embodied Empathy: ways to share simplified Playback off the stage.
- Support to start or strengthen your Playback company
- How-to guides: Deep discounts on electronic and print versions of “how-to” guides–including a new guide to Embodied Empathy; the Playback Toolkit, about how to start and run a performance troupe, and Playback for Social Impact.
- Coaching: Six experienced coaches to choose from for skilled advice about troupe issues, business issues, and artistic development,.
- Performing on Zoom teaching library: Video clips demonstrating many ways to offer strong Playback experiences on Zoom.
- Publicity: Promotion for your online shows and workshops through PNA’s newsletter and social media.
Note: To join the International Playback Theatre Network (IPTN), sign up on their website. IPTN members have full access to the IPTN online journal and other programs and conferences.
- Free, monthly “Introduction to Playback and Embodied Empathy” workshop
- Behind the Magic of Playback Theatre: a brief written guide explaining Playback basics.
- Playback videos: playlists on YouTube with 3-5 minute clips from Playback Theatre shows, in-person and on Zoom.
- Links to online Playback classes and workshops
- Links to Playback companies’ monthly and special online performances.
- Connection to networks and organizations that are using improvisation, arts, and communication practices to promote personal and societal healing.