PNA Programs and Resources: Overview
What best fits your time and interests?
PNA has a strong lineup of programs and resources. If are a PNA member, see the events calendar on the home page and click on the links for details, pricing and registration. You will receive PNA’s email newsletter announcing upcoming events. Want to participate and aren’t yet a PNA member? Please join.
PNA Programs and Resources (2023)
- Hot Topics in Playback Troupes: presentations and discussions, 1st Tues. of each month at 7pm ET
- Jan: partnerships for shows
- Feb: sustaining through transitions
- March: troupe member diversity
- April: building your audience
- May: increasing troupe income
- Playback Jams: open to all, on the 3rd Thurs. of each month, 7pm ET
- Artistic skills workshops: 5-week series for conductors starts February 10
- Performance Festival: the last two weekends in April
- Playback Around the World: presentations on Playback’s social impact in different countries
- Books: Deep discounts on electronic and print versions of several “how-to” guides, including a newly updated guide for audience members, “Behind the Magic of Playback Theater.”
- Coaching: six experienced practitioners to choose from, for skilled advice about troupe issues, business issues, and artistic development.
- Video library: demonstrating many ways to offer strong Playback experiences on Zoom.
- Publicity for your shows, classes, and affinity groups: We can let PNA members know about your shows and workshops. Also, if you initiate a Playback group of shared identity and interest, PNA will publicize it.
- IPTN Membership: For US and Canada members, your PNA membership includes membership in the International Playback Theatre Network (IPTN). IPTN offers an online journal, online programs, and an international conference (Dec. ’23 in S. Africa)