This video above was made to welcome you to the UnConference by a few of the PNA Advisory Council members.
See list of all PNA’s current Advisory Council members here. Let us know if you might like to be an advisor or help with the UnConference.
Sat. Nov. 14 – Sun. Dec. 13
A full month of events, by and for PNA members
- Participate as much or as little as you like during the month.
- Register for $5 per person, and if you wish, contribute more by the end of the UnConference. The conference is only for PNA members, so you will be asked to join or renew when you register.
- Any PNA member can offer a workshop, discussion, or performance–or several. Our “how-to” documents and videos will walk you through how to add your offering(s) to the UnConference schedule.
- We hope participants will also spontaneously add events in response to or inspired by the UnConference sessions.
Get your ticket today
- Step one: check the PNA current members list; if your membership expires this year, or you are not yet a member, please join or new. Then get your ticket below. (You can also join or renew as you register for the UnConference on Eventbrite, but you will pay extra fees.)
- Once you register, you will have access to the ever-growing schedule, as it builds from members’ offerings.
- You will also receive links to our “how-to” documents and videos, with all the info you need to add your own events to the conference schedule.
- You will also be invited to join a drop-in planning call, offered weekly. Do you have ideas of how you might help the overall UnConference organizing? We welcome your participation.
Theme: Playback and social impact
- All registrants will receive an advance digital copy of PNA’s forthcoming guide, Playback Theatre for social impact: stories and practice tips. Featured in the book are interviews with over a dozen Playback companies about one area of their social impact work.
- Many of the companies featured in the book will offer sessions and/or performances at the UnConference. Already committed are:
- Playback with migrant workers (Inside Out Playback, Harrisburgh VA)
- Serving the LGBTQ community (NYC Queer Playback)
- Playback to build community (Playback Memphis)
- Active bystander intervention training (True Story Theater, Boston MA)
- Playback and the climate crisis ((Living Mirror Playback, Tampa FL)
Questions about registering or about offering sessions? Want to play an organizing role? All are welcome to our weekly drop-in Q&A planning sessions. Or you can fill out a Help Form and someone will get back to you within a day